20 great peer interview questions to help you identify great talent
What is a peer interview?
A peer interview is an interview method where an employee or a hiring manager participates in the interview process to access if the candidate would be a good fit for the company.
What are peer interview questions?
Peer interview questions are a set of interview questions given to the hiring manager or an employee to conduct an employment interview. These questions normally cover:
- Adaptability to change
- Emotional intelligence
- Ability to learn
Peer interview questions often assess behavior and the candidate must respond based on facts. We have compiled a list of 20 great peer interview questions to help you with your interview process:
- Gives us an example where you were not able to deliver on time?
- Describe a situation where you had to collaborate with a team remotely?
- Tell me an example where you identified inefficiencies in your work and recommendations you made to resolve them?
- Give us an example of how you resolved a conflict with one of your colleagues?
- Give us an example where you had to prioritize tasks and how you shared your priorities with your manager?
- Describe a time where you had to adapt to change quickly?
- Describe a time where you had to learn a new concept quickly?
- Describe a situation where you had to deliver work for multiple managers? How did you go about prioritizing?
- Tell me about a time where you have done something wrong and how you handled it?
- Share an example where your manager made a decision you did not like and how you handled it
- How do you handle difficult tasks when you don’t know where to start?
- What is your greatest achievement in your previous work?
- Give me an example when you missed a target and how you handled it?
- Give me an example of how you set your monthly goals?
- How do you handle difficult conversions with co-workers? Give me an example
- Share an example where you had to motive your co-workers?
- What you do when you don’t agree with your manager? Give me an example
- Give me an example when you went above and beyond to achieve a goal?
- What do you do when you finish your tasks early?
- Describe a situation where you had to go above your manager in order to get your message across?
If you need support with your peer interview process feel free to get in touch.
Bryq is a pre-hire assessment tool that removes bias from the recruitment process. Our solution is measuring measuring both cognitive skills and personality traits.
Do you wonder what hiring would be like if your team had hiring superpowers?
Find out for yourself with Bryq's free 14-day trial!